Offshore Project Manager Job Description
Note: This is NOT a job posting. This is just a sample job description. If you use it, please attribute this site.
An offshore project manager needs may of the qualities of a regular senior project manager. However, there are additional requirements that you should consider specific to the nature of offshore work. This role can be one filled by the domestic company with one of their own employees or by the vendor who sends someone from the team to be stateside. There aren't many people that can succeed at this role and so those that have a track record of success are highly coveted.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of cost analysis
- Ability to lead teams and strong leadership skills
- Experience running large global projects
- Knowledge of foreign languages
- Strong management resource allocation skills
- Vendor management skills
- 7 to 10 year's work experience
- Great communication skills especially in the area of diplomacy
- Cultural tolerance
- Unrestricted ability to travel
Other Job Descriptions