Junior Business Analyst Job Description
Table of Contents
Note: This is NOT a job posting. This is just a sample job description. If you use it, please attribute this site.
This is a real-world description for a junior business analyst. The description itself is several years old, but 95% of it is still appropriate for today.
PROJECT RELATED COMPETENCIES
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Documents client organization's direction, structure, business processes and requirements.
- Researches client organization's industry and competitive position.
- Assists in the collection and consolidation of required information and data.
Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Accurately and efficiently executes test plans.
- Assembles and documents all test results.
- Retests as necessary.
- Understands project plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Takes input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Adheres to project standards defined by project management.
- Accurately employs our methodology and documentation tools.
- Proactively carries out project support /administrative functions.
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members.
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures.
- Possesses basic knowledge of HTML.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
- Generates innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Appreciates each team member's contributions and values each individual member.
- Values internal and external clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
- Establishes effective working relationship with clients.
- Follows established communication guidelines.
- Uses good judgment in what and how to communicate with clients.
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Seeks input from mentors and supervisors.
- Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- Accurately completes and submits time and expense reports in a timely manner
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner
- Complies with all our policies and procedures
The description itself is several years old, but 95% of it is still appropriate for today.
Other Job Descriptions
Leave a Reply