Senior IT Manager Job Description
Table of Contents
Note: This is NOT a job posting. This is just a sample job description. If you use it, please attribute this site.
This is a real-world description for a senior IT manager. The description itself is several years old, but 95% of it is still appropriate for today.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure company-wide.
- Implements network security at the corporate level as established by corporate Security Director.
- Recognizes necessary network improvements and makes suggestions to IT Director.
- Plans, manages and develops upgrades to Etensity's telephone system on a company-wide basis.
- Makes recommendations to IT Director regarding company-wide phone system upgrades; executes upgrades as directed by IT Director.
Training & Lab Maintenance
Help Desk Administration
- Coordinates the resolution of all corporate help desk activities.
- Helps decide, in conjunction with corporate leadership, which software and hardware products and other equipment are most suited for use within Etensity's infrastructure.
- Oversees IT-related asset purchases on a company-wide basis.
- Manages software licenses on a company-wide basis.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Serves as key participant in team meetings.
- Raises the company's visibility through involvement in local industry organizations.
- Confronts issues openly and quickly .
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors and peers in other practices.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Serves as focal point for all inter-office IT-related matters company-wide.
- Ensures that appropriate network managers are monitoring, analyzing and evaluating performance and working on resolution of identified degradation trends and problem areas (Performance Management).
- Ensures that support for around-the-clock information transfer, storage, and processing is timely, efficient and meets the service levels required.
- Assist with IT staffing and budgeting projections on a company-wide basis.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others.
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
- Works across practice to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Anticipates internal clients needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Participates in all programs relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
- Reviews evaluations within practice for consistency.
- Mentors managers through formal channels.
- Assesses training needs and selects training tools for team members.
- Manages the development of project teams by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each Innovator's career interests.
- Easily recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementation.
- Lends expertise to internal teams and task forces.
- Reviews the status reports of team members across projects and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and enforces standard company policies and procedures.
This is a real-world description for a senior IT manager. The description itself is several years old, but 95% of it is still appropriate for today. So now you can just purchase myessay and have more time on your job applications.
Other Job Descriptions
- Web and Software Development
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Relationship and Vendor Management
- Technical Management
- Network Engineering
- IT Management
- IT Infrastructure Management