No Category Base for WordPress
For those of you that like “clean” URLs, this plugin is for you. It will remove the otherwise mandatory ‘Category Base' from your category permalinks. For example, ‘mysite.com/category/my-category/' will, with this plugin, become ‘mysite.com/my-category/'.
You can download this plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
The No Category Base plugin doesn't require any configuration or modification of any WordPress files. In addition, it won't break any links and will take care of redirecting your old category links to the new ones.
Plugin Features Include
- User-friendly, context-rich permalinks like ‘mysite.com/my-category/' and ‘mysite.com/my-category/my-post/'.
- Low overhead even on the biggest sites.
- Works out of the box. Just install and activate.
- No need to modify WordPress files.
- Doesn't require other plugins to work.
- Compatible with sitemap plugins.
- Compatible with WPML.
- Works with multiple sub-categories.
- Works with WordPress Multisite.
- Redirects old category permalinks to the new ones using 301 redirects which will support your SEO efforts.
If you have any ideas for additional functionality or you think you've discovered a bug, please leave a message below.