Definition of Software
Software refers to something intangible. Although often of great value, software can't be picked up or weighed. However, software is the required to make hardware do anything. Likewise, software needs hardware to be of any value.
Typical examples of software include the web browser you're using to read this page, the web hosting software used to show you this page, and the operating system (Windows, Mac) that you interact with whenever you use your computer.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Radio Frequency ID (RFID)
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Utility Computing
- Virus Definitions
- Wireless Mesh