Quality Assurance Analyst Resume
Note: This is a real resume that was sent to me. However, names, companies, and dates have been changed. See the free sample resumes page for more.
TO OBTAIN A POSITION AS A SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION:
– 4 years experience in Software Quality Assurance and Quality Control
– Proficient in functional, negative, regression, system integration (SIT), acceptance (UAT), load/performance, security, browser compatibility, and performance testing
– Excellent knowledge and working experience in with test planning, test execution and test results analyses
– Solid expertise in automated testing tools WinRunner, Rational Robot, SQA Suite, Load Runner, NetScanTools
– Strong background in software for Financial Services, Group Benefits, Retail Sales, Document Management, Social Care and Human Resources (People Soft 8.3 HR project)
– Experience in Rational Rose Enterprise visual modeling solution for the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
– Excellent communication and presentation skills, self starter, quick learner, team player
Operating systems:Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix/Linux, Novell Netware
Programming Languages:Java, PL SQL, HTML, Perl, UML, and TSL (Test Script Language)
RDBMS:Oracle 8.0/8i/9i, MS Access, My SQL, SQL Navigator 3.2d.11
Technologies and Application Software:TestDirector 7.0i, Bug Collector 4.0, FrontPage, CorelDraw, Adobe PhotoShop, MS Office 97/2000/XP, Internet Tools, Astra Site Manager 2.0, WinRunner6/7, Rational Robot 2001A,NetScanTools 5.1, People Soft 8.3
Modeling Solution: Rational Rose Enterprise
06/2003 – 10/2003 Some Bank, New York, NY
Quality Assurance Analyst
EDS HR Implementation Project
People Soft PS8.3 Project – Contract
Responsibly for Functional, Regression, UAT testing of MDA (Manager Direct Access) and EDA (Employee Direct Access) for HR Implementation Project to ensure that the project meets the needs of the following business objectives:
– Provide direct access to management tools and on-line reports
– Provide direct access for CIBC's employees to perform key functions
– Identify processes and interfaces for HR, payroll and benefits
– Develop security protocols and system access
– Integrate CPOL, the Portal and Pension Administration Management
– Deploy functional reports
– Analyzing business and functional requirement to design SIT and UAT Test Cases MDA functionality for following activities:
– Hire New Employee, Change Employee Status and Administration, E-Benefits, Transfer Employee, Pay Rate Change, Demote Employee, Monitor Health / Safety Incident Details, Emergency Contacts, Job Summary, Job Catalogue, View Job Data Pages, Job Labour Page
– Executing SIT and UAT test cases
– Logging Variances / defects
– Logging Change Control Requests
– Applying security (controls that grant or limit a user's access to particular menus and functions in an application, controls that limit the data that a user can see or update)
01/2003 – 04/2003 Another Bank, New York, NY
Quality Assurance Analyst
Content Management System
– Participated in the testing of the software for the financial Content Management System to ensure the highest level of quality including:
– Managing all phases of testing for assigned components ensuring test plans and test cases are completed and met business requirements.
– Working with development teams investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
– Creating and Generating System test scripts for different test scenarios covering all aspects of project functionality.
– Creating test plan, Walk through, integration approach and strategy document, test cases, scenarios, conditions and scripts, generated system test scripts for Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Contact Management and Portfolio System for Private Client Division (PCD) and Action Direct (AD), tracking positions and transactions, rates of return, capital gains, investment objectives, other assets and liabilities including portfolio management.
– Performing various types of testing, such as functional, regression, user acceptance, negative and installation testing.
– Performing Security testing of the basic security levels in the Client Link application security mechanism.
– Record and document test result-using PTR (Problem Tracking Request).
10/2001 – 10/2002 A Consulting Company, New York, NY
Quality Assurance Analyst
– Reviewed requirements for testability and usability, consulted development staff with regards to system functionality
– Performed Security testing (firewall and encryption technology) using NetScanTools 4.x (diagnose network connectivity problems with Ping, Traceroute, TCP Term — to test text-based services on both standard and non-standard TCP ports, Echo and Charden) for all company products
– Performed Functional, GUI, Regression, System Integration, User Acceptance, Configuration and content testing for web-based e-commerce application and for Site Pilot content management system.
– Tested application security features, including session expiry, book marking, passwords and compatibility across multiple browser types and encryption levels
– Developed and updated Test plans, Test Matrixes, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases for all company products
– Conducted variance management by analyzing and verifying test results, providing status and progress reports, using TestDirector 7.0i
– Conducted Links testing and access problems with Astra Site Manager 2.0
– Performed Scalability, Performance and Load Testing using Load Runner 6.0 (System Analysis, Creating Virtual User Scripts, Defining User Behavior, Running Load Test Scenario, Monitoring the Performance, Analyzing Results).
10/2000 – 03/2001 Acme Inc., New York, NY
Software Tester Contract
Brokercom Inc. – C3 Finance Internet Application
– Verified business requirements and functional specifications
– Performed functional decomposition. Design test scenarios for different financial user groups based on system requirements, solution diagrams, help files, and screen mock ups
– Conducted system functionality testing: developed and executed test cases, produced problem reports, suggestions, system test logs, and test incidents reports
06/1999 – 09/2000 Acme Consulting, New York, NY
Online applications First County Bank USA Contract
– Participated at testing of marketing and online services pages of PC Banking Application (Banking and Investment Personal/Business Products and Services (On-line banking: Checking, Reorder Checks, Saving, Loans, Applications, Interest Rates, Credit Cards), for First County Bank
– Analyzed business requirements, functional specifications and mock ups of financial to provide functional decomposition
– Conducted installation and cross-platform testing of Internet Configuration Wizard application (Visual Basic 6.0, various Windows platforms).
– Performed Functional and regression testing of Web-Admin application (Cold Fusion, Windows NT4.0).
– Developed of testing strategies for Internet application.
– Generated test scenarios, test cases and test data. Executed tests, created problem reports
– Conducted various management activities by analyzing and verifying test results, providing status reports
– Worked with business analysts, developers, and content department to resolve issues.
10/1991 – 12/1998 Preobrazovatel, Ukraine
QA Engineer of the section of Technical systems operation
State Space Engineering Institute Physics Faculty, Bachelor Degree in Engineering, St. Petersburg
REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST