Technical Support Resume
Table of Contents
Note: This is a real resume that was sent to me. However, names, companies, and dates have been changed. See the free sample resumes page for more.
A dedicated and highly energetic person who thrives in pressure situations and can be counted on when the going gets tough. Skilled in Network Administration, Network Security, File Servers, Database Servers, and Workstations and other related systems. Takes pride in providing creative direction and out of the box thinking. Enjoys complex, multi faceted assignments where pulling together a collaborative pool of skills is essential. Fosters a lively and professional work environment and values commitment to excellence, innovation, and customer service.
Goal and Objective
To be a part of a highly professional and competitive team dedicated to the implementation, operation and maintenance of mission-critical infrastructure.
MCSA 2003 Security
MCSE 2003 Security
MCDBA SQL Server
– Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP (workstation & server), Windows 95/98/ME, MS-DOS, and UNIX.
– MS Word, Ms Excel, HTML, and Visual Basic Script web programming
– Extensive knowledge about Active Directory, proxy, firewalls, routers, ACL, subnetting, ip4 and ip6 addressing.
– Quick learner with ability to translate complex ideas and processes into technical facts or persuasive non-technical presentation.
– Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
– Attention to detail and precision, solid work ethics concerning meeting deadlines and reliability.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Mar 2005 – Sep 2005, Tech Support (Co-op)
New York, NY
– Assisted in troubleshooting user problems relating to Operating System issues (Win9x, NT, and Win 2000), Network Connectivity, TCP/IP configuration, upgrades, MS Office products and Internet connectivity.
– Performed upgrades, installation of software and drivers and essential desktop troubleshooting.
– Deployed updates, service packs and hot fixes using Windows Update, Automatic Updates, and Group Policies.
– Installed logical printers on a print server and preparing print server to host clients. Troubleshooting hardware peripherals like printers modem etc
– User rights and permission, disabling and enabling accounts, file and folder permissions and configuring security templates as per need.
– Assisted on on-site visits and hardware troubleshooting and local system upgrades.
Jun 2000 – Aug 2003, Senior Currency Trader
New York, NY
– Increased Revenues, Market Share, and Portfolio base through rigorous marketing and sales.
– Provided investment guidance and recommendations to senior company officials, and pension funds managers to assist them in managing their risk exposures in foreign currencies and interest rates to minimize the impact of market volatility on the company.
– Currency trading, spot and forward quoting/sales, cover of foreign exchange transactions, and completing necessary documentation for all customers.
– Collected and Examined investment information about bonds, yield,currencies, and future trends using daily reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes and financial periodicals.
– Write up of weekly customer newsletters.
– Assessed market value and pricing of Treasury bills, Certificate of Deposits & bonds (primary bids & secondary markets).
– Monitored Central Bank regulations and statutes.
Sep 1999 – May 2000, Web programmer & Tech Support
New York, NY
– Debugged and troubleshooted existing websites and correct errors as required for clients
– Collaborated with other developers, designers, analysts and stakeholders to ensure successful implementations; Actively participate in all phases of the development lifecycle; Analyze and convert business and system requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications.
– Resolved technical issues pertaining to any hardware or software related problem.
– Evaluated, purchased and installed hardware components, applications, service packs and operating system upgrades.
Aug 1998 – July 1999, Credit Officer
New York, NY
Another Bank Inc.
– Financial analysis of balance sheets which included ratios and cash flow statements.
– Monitored financial covenants of corporate customers.
– Composed quarterly business reports and market updates of different industry segments and corporates.
– Period risk grading, profitability analysis, portfolio analysis, and MIS reports.
– Marketed to clients through cross selling of financial products.
B.Sc. Magna Cum Laude, University of Massachusetts at Boston, June/1999 Major: Management with Finance Specialization
Diploma, Clark University at Boston, July/1999
Web Programming and Database Administration
Leave a Reply