Project Team Definition
The project team consists of the full-time and part-time resources assigned to work on the deliverables of the project all of who will help achieve the project objectives. They are responsible for:
- understanding the work to be completed
- planning out the assigned activities in more detail if needed
- completing assigned work within the budget, timeline, and quality expectations
- informing the project manager of issues, scope changes, risk, and quality concerns
- proactively communicating status, and managing expectations
The project team can consist of human resources within one functional organization, or it can consist of members from many different functional organizations. A cross-functional team has members from multiple organizations. Having a cross-functional team is usually a sign your organization is using matrix management.
I've also put together a description of project management fundamentals if you're interested in learning more about this profession.