Working Safely Above the Ground: The Higher You Are the Harder You Fall
Working above ground usually creates a huge risk of falling. The fall does not need to be of a significant height to cause an injury. Even a fall of about 2 meters can result in serious injury or even death. Therefore, it is necessary to take precautions against falling, and not leave it up to chance.
- Do not work if you are tired, or have been taking medication.
- Do not work if you are intoxicated.
- Always use a harness and you are secured to an immovable object.
- Make sure the surface you are standing on is secure.
- Any scaffolding you are using should be in good working order and constructed properly, on secure ground.
- You should be wearing proper safety boots that are non-slip.
- If there is electricity make sure it has been disconnected before starting any work. If unsure contact a certified electrician.
- If you will be using any tools make sure you have been trained properly in their use.