Silver Lake Pizza and Deli Review
This pizza place is located on the main strip in West Harrison, NY. Visitors are not likely to pass through here unless they're on their way to Westchester Airport, but I know people will drive in for lunch during the week. It, along with one other, fills the neighborhood's need for slices although they can certainly prepare a whole pie or even pasta dishes. At meal times many people are seen coming to eat in or take out so it is clearly a local favorite. There are a few simple tables past the main ordering counter which is sufficient for a quick sit down meal. I've only had their pizza and typically I get my order to go.
Ordering an entire pizza is pricey. While it is tasty, I've found that I prefer another nearby restaurant's pizza. It's curious that one place makes better slices while another makes better whole pizzas, but it doesn't matter much to me in the end!
At Silver Lake Pizza I've tried these slices:
- BBQ Chicken: This is my go to slice. It actually tastes better once it's sat around for a bit. It has chicken cutlet with BBQ sauce, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese.
- Grandma's: A good backup when what I'm really looking for isn't available. It is thick crust Sicilian with fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil.
- Margarita: One of my favorites and usually my second slice when one slice won't fill me up. Toppings include plum tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, garlic, olive oil
- White: Sometimes I'm in the mood for this ricotta and mozzarella cheese with fresh seasonings combination.
- Buffalo Chicken: I like this one a lot although there's just a bit too much chicken typically.
- Chicken Parmesan: A rarity and quite tasty. I've had it just twice. It has chicken cutlet with tomato sauce and melted mozzarella.
- Plain: Nothing special, but I'm not a fan of plain slices. Makes sense to get in an office when you need to please everyone, but I don't see why people buy it otherwise.
They have a large pizza oven behind the counter to reheat the slices for either eat in or take out. I prefer to not reheat the slices to prevent a burnt crust the taste of which I hate.
Next to the cash register they have a plastic see through container of large chocolate chip cookies. They are very rich and melt in your mouth. Sometimes they've got a taste that is just a little too doughy for me, but other times they're awesome. If you see that they're darker brown than your typical chocolate chip cookie, get them! The extra baking time seems to be the secret to a great cookie. Be warned that attempting to eat one of these cookies while driving will be catastrophic as they will break apart with even the slightest touch.
Overall highly recommended for the slices -- choose your slices wisely. More information here.