New Features for the Internal Link Building WordPress Plugin
I'm a fan of the Internal Link Building plugin that Gabriel Goldenberg released a while back. A little work with Excel combined with the plugin's import feature can turn hundreds of keywords into links in one fell swoop. That's my kind of SEO!
After using the plugin on multiple sites I came up with some additional features that I wish the plugin had. Well, now it has them:
- Limit the number of keywords that are turned into links on any given post. This'll keep a post from looking too spammy to your users.
- Broadening the matching functionality so that words in between the keywords you specify will be ignored. This will help increase the number of matches while also increasing the variability of the anchor text used in the links.
- Allow for words before and after the keywords you specified to be included in the link. Another way to increase the variability of the anchor text.
Along with the above new features, the latest version of the plugin has been updated to:
- Not cross punctuation such as periods and exclamation points when turning keywords into links. Without this you'd get some funky looking links.
- Be compatible with WordPress 2.9.1.
- Not leave unnecessary data in the WordPress database when you save a post.
You can download the latest plugin from its home on SEO ROI.
If you find any bugs, let me know! I'm also curious in any interesting features you'd like added.