10 Best Writing Blogs
Writing is often an undervalued skill. We all think we can write because we know the sentences start with a capital letter and end with a period. The problem is that it's the words in the middle and how they're used that make the difference between engaging your audience and losing their interest.
While I'd argue that my writing skills have never been better, I certainly wouldn't say that I'm worthy of any particular recognition. I'm still at the point of reading writing-related blogs and having those "a-ha why didn't I think of moments" rather than really coming up with anything on my own. Quite recently, Michael Stelzner of Writing White Papers identified the 10 blogs he thinks are the best for writers. And look, this site made #4!
OK, just kidding about that last part. The closest I come to being on the list is that I'm a regular reader of Brian Clark's CopyBlogger site. Here's the full list along with Michael's commentary for all those interested in improving their writing abilities:
- Brian Clark's CopyBlogger: This blog is the leader because it does an amazing job of helping writers improve their writing.
- Deborah Ng's Freelance Writing Jobs: For freelance writers seeking new work, this site is your sole destination.
- Tom Chandler's Copywriter Underground: This site provides regular doses of inspiration and writing tips.
- Liz Strauss's Successful-Blog: This blog has some amazing insights into the craft of writing.
- Angela Booth's Writing Blog: All writers will find something useful at this site.
- Kristen King's InkThinker: This blog is focused on improving the written word.
- Anne Wayman formerly of The Golden Pencil: Wayman provides gold nuggets of information to freelance writers.
- The Write Practice: A program for practicing writing. What a novel idea!
- Dianna Huff's B2B Marcom Writer Blog: This is your destination to learn about marketing communications copy writing.
- Allison Winn Scotch's Ask Allison: For writers looking to break into the publishing world, be sure to check this one out.