Definition of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is the industry term used to describe a broad set of activities supported by multi-module application software that helps a manufacturer or other business manage the important parts of its business. These parts can include product planning, parts purchasing, maintaining inventories, interacting with suppliers, providing customer service, and tracking orders. ERP can also include application modules for the finance and human resources aspects of a business.
Some of the bigger players in the ERP outsourcing market are SAP, Peoplesoft, and J. D. Edwards. New comers include Oracle, IBM, and Microsoft.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Radio Frequency ID (RFID)
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Utility Computing
- Virus Definitions
- Wireless Mesh