Senior Web Developer Job Description
Table of Contents
Note: This is NOT a job posting. This is just a sample job description. If you use it, please attribute this site.
This is a real-world description for a senior web developer. The description itself is several years old, but 95% of it is still appropriate for today.
PROJECT RELATED COMPETENCIES
Solution Development and Delivery
- Creates efficient and logical databases for clients.
- Designs and codes superior technical solutions.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Communicates and enforces coding standards
- Manages resources within budget and project schedule.
- Reviews work of team.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to clients.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
- Effectively employs many different database design techniques.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of at least one structured programming.
- Creates XML schemas.
- Understands the benefits of the various programming languages.
- Possesses significant knowledge of client server and internet systems architectures.
- Creates well designed, reusable objects.
- Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
- Understands the benefits of the various design methodologies and object oriented environments.
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Develops relationships with client personnel that foster ties with our clients.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- Conducts effective progress evaluations in a timely manner.
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond required training.
- Trains other employees through both formal and informal training programs.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces.
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base.
Other Job Descriptions
- Web and Software Development
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Relationship and Vendor Management
- Technical Management
- Network Engineering
- IT Management
- IT Infrastructure Management