Junior Web Developer Job Description
Table of Contents
Note: This is NOT a job posting. This is just a sample job description. If you use it, please attribute this site.
This is a real-world description for a junior web developer. The description itself is several years old, but 95% of it is still appropriate for today.
PROJECT RELATED COMPETENCIES
Solution Development and Delivery
- Assists in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions.
- Understands standard systems development lifecycle processes and applies our methodology effectively on client engagements.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Understands project and development plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Adheres to coding standards defined by technical management.
- Accurately employs our development tools.
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members.
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Understands basic relational database concepts.
- Confidently writes the four basic SQL statements.
- Possesses knowledge of various database access methods.
- Possesses working knowledge of at least one structured programming language.
- Exhibits proficiency in HTML and one scripting language.
- Possesses basic knowledge of XML/XSL.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of object and component methodology and technology.
- Possesses basic knowledge of classes, components, objects, and interfaces.
- Recognizes the fundamental differences between the various internet browsers.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Appreciates each team member’s contributions and values each individual member.
- Values internal and external clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
- Establishes effective working relationship with clients.
- Follows established communication guidelines.
- Uses good judgment in what and how to communicate with clients.
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Seeks input from mentors and supervisors.
- Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- Accurately completes and submits time and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner.
- Complies with all of our policies and procedures.
Other Job Descriptions
- Web and Software Development
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Relationship and Vendor Management
- Technical Management
- Network Engineering
- IT Management
- IT Infrastructure Management