Intermediate Web Developer Job Description
Table of Contents
Note: This is NOT a job posting. This is just a sample job description. If you use it, please attribute this site.
This is a real-world description for an intermediate web developer. The description itself is several years old, but 95% of it is still appropriate for today.
PROJECT RELATED COMPETENCIES
Solution Development and Delivery
- Understands technical and functional design requirements.
- Assists in physical and logical database design.
- Creates prototypes for client engagements.
- Designs, codes, and tests technical solutions.
- Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Leads small teams of developers.
- Assists in enforcement of development deadlines and schedules.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards.
- Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Promotes active listening with team members.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Understands advanced relational database concepts.
- Demonstrates proficiency with physical and logical database design.
- Writes effective stored procedures.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with at least one relational database management system.
- Demonstrates proficiency in at least one structured programming language.
- Creates effective XSL stylesheets.
- Reads and understands XML schemas.
- Understands client server and internet systems architectures.
- Demonstrates familiarity with object and component methodology and technology.
- Understands DCOM/CORBA or equivalent.
- Identifies appropriate use of COM objects.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow employees.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member .
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understands expectations that were set with client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Encourages more junior employees to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Participates regularly in the recruitment of new hires through our interviewing process and involvement in recruiting events.
- Actively contributes to internal programs.
Other Job Descriptions
- Web and Software Development
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Relationship and Vendor Management
- Technical Management
- Network Engineering
- IT Management
- IT Infrastructure Management