Intermediate Network Engineer Job Description
Table of Contents
Note: This is NOT a job posting. This is just a sample job description. If you use it, please attribute this site.
This is a real-world description for an intermediate network engineer. The description itself is several years old, but 95% of it is still appropriate for today.
- Assists with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructure.
- Assists with administering and maintaining corporate WAN.
- Administers and maintains the telephone system, including telephone switches.
- Creates new hire phone and voicemail extensions; routes extensions to appropriate locations and updates information as Innovator seating assignments change .
Training & Lab Maintenance
- Sets up, administers and maintains computer stations and software for company training programs and provides additional support when necessary.
- Sets up, administers and maintains the Learning Studio computer stations and provides additional support when necessary.
- Performs basic and more complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery.
- Installs and upgrades computer software and network equipment.
New Hire Administration
- Creates network and email accounts for new users.
- Sets up computers for new users and ensures delivery of equipment to users in different locations if necessary.
- Updates company phone lists and email address books.
Help Desk Administration
- Answers all basic trouble calls/emails and enters work orders into our tracking software.
- Administers and maintains local and web-based versions of our tracking software.
- Administers and maintains Internal Systems programs such as Invisic, Saleslogix, Epicor, and ADP as well as operating systems used by Etensity.
- Interacts with internal clients to resolve basic and complex help desk issues in a timely manner.
- Participates in the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Purchases software, hardware and other IT supplies as directed by superiors.
- Promotes responsible usage and care of Etensity equipment.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Promotes active listening with team members.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow Innovators.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Anticipates internal client needs before they arise and presents solutions to company project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understands expectations that were set with internal clients and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Encourages more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Participates regularly in the recruitment of new Innovators through Etensity’s interviewing process and involvement in recruiting events.
- Actively contributes to internal programs (e.g.–Collective Soul).
Other Job Descriptions
- Web and Software Development
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Relationship and Vendor Management
- Technical Management
- Network Engineering
- IT Management
- IT Infrastructure Management