Intermediate Business Analyst Job Description
Table of Contents
Note: This is NOT a job posting. This is just a sample job description. If you use it, please attribute this site.
This is a real-world description for an intermediate business analyst. The description itself is several years old, but 95% of it is still appropriate for today.
PROJECT RELATED COMPETENCIES
Analysis and Solution Definition.
- Understands client organization’s direction, structure, and requirements.
- Analyzes client organization’s industry and competitive position.
- Documents and analyzes required information and data.
- Prepares requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations.
Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Understands technical design specifications.
- Defines test conditions.
- Develops accurate and complete test plans.
- Conducts testing according to plan.
- Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Takes input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Understands the necessity of project standards and applies them consistently.
- Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
- Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Promotes active listening with team members.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures.
- Possesses working knowledge of HTML, SQL, and database design.
- Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects.
- Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current industry practices into fresh alternative solutions.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow Innovators.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member .
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understands expectations that were set with client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Encourages more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Participates regularly in the recruitment of new employees through our interviewing process and involvement in recruiting events.
- Actively contributes to internal programs.
Other Job Descriptions
- Web and Software Development
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Relationship and Vendor Management
- Technical Management
- Network Engineering
- IT Management
- IT Infrastructure Management