Business Analyst Resume
Note: This is a real business analyst resume that was sent to me. However, names, companies, and dates have been changed. See the free sample resumes page for more.
Joe Smith - Business Analyst
Some City, NY USA
Eight years of full scope experience as a Business Analyst / Project Manager within television media, not-for-profit, broadcast and retail sectors, maintaining budgetary control over all projects within an organization, and responsible for company resourcing.
2001 - 2004: Project Manager / Business Analyst
Organization: Acme Global Media
Client Orientation / Project Assessment
- Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Collaborated with Sales and Marketing teams, external ad agencies, third-party technology distributors to facilitate communication for successful project launches.
- Conducted business analysis, project assessment and feasibility determination. Analyses of data feed requirements for news products, and blast emailing applications used to reduce outsourced ASP fees.
Scoping / Documentation / Budgeting
- Strategized project scoping and specifications documents, to clearly communicate the project roadmap. Led initiative to produce in-house mass emailing application to save outsourced application fees, used in contest campaigns for customers.
- As the contest guru at ABC Interactive, developed documentation schema for online contests, interactive quizzes, and forums supporting major news, entertainment and sports websites.
- Produced user manual for Content Management System.
- Managed project budgets of up to $300,000 and short-term projects of around $35,000 budgets.
Team Leadership / Resource Allocation / Scheduling
- Led multidisciplinary team of up to 4 to 14 developers, designers, testers working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Project Manager working with a team of 8, including developers, designers, multi-media specialists, usability architects, and content producers. In 6 weeks, directed efforts in a prioritized manner to ensure this and a series of other projects met milestones.
- Coordinated work of employees and outside contractors to meet deadlines, budgets, and client demand. Provided situational leadership to motivate individuals.
Project Kickoff / Implementation Training
- Met with all developers and project stakeholders to lead a kickoff meeting. Defined and introduced the project, team member's roles, and key deliverables. Mapped out timelines, milestones, communication processes, question and answer session.
- Generated excitement and buy-in to secure commitment to project objectives, and shared a group vision to start the team on a motivated track.
Quality Assurance / Project Review
- Assigned Q.A. team members to develop test cases, browser requirements, functional analyses of online products, and worked with internal and external clients, content producers and stakeholders to conduct interim project reviews and final project tweaks prior to launch. Obtained multi-level signoff on projects and contests prior to approval.
Launch / Post-Launch Review
- Timed successful launches of websites to allow for system administrator support, developer resources, and training of content producers on Content Management Systems, and content delivery strategies.
- Held post-launch review meetings to revisit project strengths and liabilities, and to build out better processes for future projects. Team building and wrap-up continued up to this point.
1999 - 2001: Business Analyst / Web Developer
Organization: XYZ Interactive
- Updated and maintained 400+ page site, reinforcing branding and marketing.
- Led a team of 3 developers and designers to create Inquiry Health Broadband.
- Worked within a large team of developers and content-designers to launch phone company site
- Acted as primary webmaster for hospitality site, liaising with content producers.
1998 - 1999: Business Analyst
Organization: Sandhill Online
- Worked with executive teams to define and develop websites from concept to completion for a range of professional associations and companies including
B.Sc. Cognitive Psychology
1990 - 1994, University of Waterloo