Window Washing Safety
Washing windows of high-rise buildings can be quite the experience. But, obviously, it also has its risks. To make such work safer, the following recommendations should be followed.
- All workers must be competent and of legal working age.
- All workers must be trained on how to use all the equipment available.
- All workers must obtain certification where applicable.
- All workers should be totally free of drugs and alcohol, and should not be fatigued.
- Roof anchors, window cleaner belt anchors, ladders, etc., must be used at all times.
- All equipment should be inspected regularly by a competent workers that is not pressured in any way.
- If equipment needs repair seek professional help.
- Fall arrest systems should be implemented.
- Beware of extreme weather conditions and the effects on the body. E.g. these workers are more susceptible to wind and cold weather.